This position serves as a Primary CarePhysician Assistant forMedicineService at theWisconsinRapidsOutpatient Clinic. The Physician Assistant is an integral part of the primary care team and is called upon for a number of important duties.Specific duties include:
- Serves as the extension of the attending physician in the clinic for the delivery of quality health care.
- Performs history and physical examinations, ordering appropriate lab tests, evaluating the test results and acts within the guidelines laid down by supervising physician.
- Assist during operative cases and clinic procedures.
- Answers questions regarding consult placement, follow-up and how to get patients seen.
- Serves as clinic level patient advocate.
- Act as the focal point of the designated outpatient clinic by being the contact person for all other consultant-specialty services regarding patient care. The PA will ensure that the care is coordinated and communicated to the outpatient.
- Additional duties as required.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT TITLE: Physician Assistant
Please include VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations in your application packet(available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf).
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited PA training program or in another health sciences related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. (Note:Current VA Physician Assistant's employed prior to September 5, 2014 areexempt from this requirement) ~AND~ Graduate of a PA training program, or of a surgical assistant program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations.
- CERTIFICATION:Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)Note: Current VA Physician Assistant's employedprior to March 12, 1993 who are not NCCPA certified, remain exempt.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/78, Part II, Appendix G8 Physician AssistantQualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements:The work requires standing or walking for a major portion of the work day. The walking will often require carrying supplies or pushing carts and equipment when in surgery. In the clinics you may need to assist patients into the examinations rooms when in wheel chairs or on carts, which could consist of a variety of standing, walking, twisting, turning, sitting, bending, pushing, carrying and light lifting. This may be considered demanding physical activity.All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(VA Form 10-2850c)
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1822935.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.