Southeast Louisiana HealthCare System (SLVHCS) is recruiting an academic Nephrologist for the Section of Nephrology. The position will have joint appointment with Tulane University. The Section of Nehrology overs sees inpatient/outpatient services that includes the care of acute and chronic kidney disease, provisions of dialysis services, and management of fluid and electrolyte problems, and glomerulonephritis, transplant and hypertension. Chronic outpatient hemodialysis is conducted in the community setting.
Recommended candidate have a record of accomplishments clinically and academically, and will be expected to have strong research interests, demonstrate potential for extramural funding. Physicians will attend on the inpatient services along with the fellows, and will have outpatient duties on a continuing basis but will likely qualify for research time.
TOUR OF DUTY: Monday-Friday & Weekends, Days - 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Other Shifts, as needed?,(Rotating Shifts). (40 hour work week/80 hour two week pay period).
Functional Statement: Physician (Nephrology)
(Functional Statement is available for review in the Human Resources Office)
This is a Bargaining Unit Position
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organization (e.g., professional, philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, PartII, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.
Physical Requirements: A pre-placement physical examination will be completed prior to appointment to determine the physical and mental fitness of candidates. The examination will be concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and will include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies. Physician applicants must have the mental and physical ability to perform core privileges required by the specialty position in addition to any specialty privileges requested.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the applicationchecklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(10-2850 - APPLICATION FOR PHYSICIANS, DENTISTS, PODIATRISTS, OPTOMETRISTS AND CHIROPRACTORS)
*Other Veterans Document
Please use thischecklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format (ex. bullet or paragraph).
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determination, your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e. HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.