Providence is calling a Population Health Resource Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA *.*
The Population Health Resource Specialist is responsible for coordinating multiple aspects of care for patients with chronic diseases within the Providence Medical Group (PMG). Daily work includes facilitating patient screening, management of preventative care, and supporting optimization of chronic disease treatments. The Population Health Resource Specialist assures that an integrated approach to the program is fulfilled. This position is the liaison between PMG physicians, specialist offices, patients, multiple Providence Health System Scheduling and modality (e.g., Laboratory) departments, and freestanding laboratory centers. This position also serves as an expert resource to PMG providers, staff and patients in regard to the disease management programs and related processes.
In this position you will:
- Triage clinical disease registries and prioritize coordination of patient's chronic care needs.
- Act as a resource and contact for the PMG Disease Management Program and provides technical assistance to the clinical staff and/or Clinical Pharmacy Specialists. Serve as a liaison and resource to the clinic staff and the patient for optimizing the coordination of care and immediate problem resolution. Delegate tasks among team members to ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Coordinate the Disease Management and Primary Care Provider scheduling processes for PMG patients in a centralized department setting.
- Use scheduling systems and understand different protocols for laboratory services at multiple Providence Health System facilities and freestanding laboratory centers within specified time frames.
- Navigate data system(s) to research and / or record pertinent information in compliance with policies. Review patient chart to obtain documentation of requested services.
- Receive and appropriately address phone calls from patients. Identify urgent or emergent situations and respond appropriately.
- Utilize motivational and coaching techniques as necessary to remove barriers to care and engage patients in patient's own care.
- Perform other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program and certified through a nationally recognized Medical Assistant program such as AAMA, AMT, (RMA) or NCCT required OR Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- High school diploma or GED.
- For certified Medical Assistant, a minimum of 1 years of medical assisting work experience preferred, or a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- If Certified Pharmacy Technician, a minimum of 1 years of work experience in primary care or health plan environment preferred, or a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, medical decision making, and prior experience in utilizing disease registries or similar databases.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with preferred experience in motivational interviewing / coaching.
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or computerized billing systems required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office Applications (Word, Access, and Excel).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree.
- EPIC, CareManager, or other care management software experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 147962