Providence is calling a Medical Assistant II - Care Coordinator ( Full Time / Day Shift ) for our Facey Quality/Risk Management location in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will be responsible for providing:
- Responsible for providing direct care to patients under the direction of the physician and/or licensed nurse.
- The MA Care Coordinator's primary responsibility is to administer care coordination activities for the patients of the primary care practice.
- This will include monitoring care coordination processes and support primary clinical teams with these efforts.
- It will also include identifying the high acuity patient population and working more directly to ensure care coordination for this patient population.
- The MA Care Coordinator behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values of Facey Medical Foundation.
- The Care Coordinator will work with the Practice Manager and lead physician of the practice to develop this position to best serve the needs of the patient panel and the primary care teams.
The required qualifications for this posiition inculde the following:
- Graduate of school for medical assistants and certificate or diploma/ certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Knowledge of UR/QA requirements.
- Two or more years health care experience.
- Two or more years experience as a Back Office Medical Assistant.
The preferred qualifications for this position inculde the following:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prior experience working in an out-patient multispecialty location.
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records.
- Certified Medical Assistant in the state of California.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 147688