Providence is calling a Monitor Technician (On Call) to the Telemetry Unit at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Under supervision the Monitor Technician (MT) is responsible for cardiac and oximetry monitor surveillance for monitored and telemetry patients. Responsible for reporting rhythm changes and potentially lethal rhythms to a Registered Nurse following outlined workflow.
This is an On-Call position.
In this position you will:
- Observe, record, and interpret patient cardiac rhythm monitoring results according to established unit protocols.
- Recognize and respond immediately and appropriately to potential emergency situations that arise.
- Assist nursing staff with cardiac pattern interpretation.
- Establish and maintain daily communication with team and other departments.
- Facilitate accurate transfer of information between appropriate individuals and departments in person and via telephone.
- Accurately maintain department records, reports, and files per procedure.
- Operate multiple telecommunication and business, office and administrative equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Six (6) months experience monitoring ECGs in an area that has the capability to monitor at least 16 patients
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of advanced cardiac rhythm recognition course
- Completion of a medical terminology course
- Prior experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) such as EPIC
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite: Word/Excel/Outlook
About the Ministry:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Req ID: 148906