| • FLSA: NON-EXEMPT |
• ORGANIZATION: OPERATIONS
• REPORTS TO: HEALTHCARE DOCUMENTATION SERVICES MANAGER
This job description includes:
• A Job/Position summary
• A summary of the main responsibilities
• A detailed description of the main responsibilities, showing key tasks and performance outcomes/measures
• The core competencies identified as most important for effectiveness in this job, with descriptions of specific behaviors contributing to effectiveness (please note that the competencies for this job were selected from a larger set of competencies. The selected set of core competencies provides focus for performance management and development for people in the job and does not include all the skills and competencies that are important to this job.)
• Experience / Requirements
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Healthcare Documentation Analyst transcribes and edits documents dictated by physicians or other healthcare providers against actual dictation in accordance with the M*Modal Quality Program.
For the editing of transcribed/edited documents (quality assurance), this position identifies and evaluates inconsistencies and inaccuracies in a medical document and provides feedback to the document creator (HDS).
For editing and transcribing dictation by a physician or other healthcare provider, a Senior Healthcare Documentation Analyst consistently produces client-ready documents in accordance with standards set forth in the M*Modal Quality Program.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Delivery of customer ready documents consistent with the standards defined in the M*Modal Quality Program.
2. Drive ILP Quality Improvement through quality review and feedback
3. Consistently meets 100% of the classification, schedule, hours, quality and production requirements of a SHDA
DESCRIPTION OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibility 1- Delivery of customer ready documents consistent within the standards defined in the National Quality Program.
• Identifies, interprets, evaluates, corrects, and reports inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in transcribed or edited reports, according to criteria and methodology set forth in the M*Modal Quality Program, including routine quality assurance (aka “fill in the blank”) and 100% quality assurance (aka “full reviews”). Document review will incorporate customer specific rules as outlined in the Client Profile.
• Transcription, including editing of dictated jobs processed through speech recognition technology, of medical dictation by physician and other healthcare providers, including the use of medical references, websites, quality feedback, and other educational materials to consistently ensure 99.6% or higher accuracy.
• Compliance to Employee Requirements
• 99.6% quality score on monthly random audits
• Customer Satisfaction'
• Customer Retention
Responsibility 2 – Drives ILP Quality Improvement through Quality Auditing & Feedback
• Provides quality feedback to support and develop ILP Vendors in the interest of ongoing quality improvement.
• Provide 100% quality review for all customers sent to ILP Vendors until they are released from the 100% review.
• Customer retention
• Customer satisfaction
Responsibility 3 – Consistently meets 100% of the classification, schedule, hours, quality and production requirements of a Master Medical Editor
• Employment classification – Works required hours per classification
• Schedule compliance – Comply with approved schedule – Any changes must be approved by the Healthcare Documentation Services Manager
• Time reporting compliance – All hours worked must be accurately reported – Employees are required to punch in at the start of each shift and out at the end of each shift and in/out during any breaks.
• Production compliance – For all time punched in, all employees are expected to be actively working. Production time and session time are monitored on a per pay period basis.
• Compliance to classification, schedule, hours worked, production.
CORE COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED AS MOST IMPORTANT FOR THIS ROLE
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Prioritizing & Time Management
• Collaboration & Teamwork
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
• Tier 3 MT with at least 90 days tenure in the role.
• QA submission lower than 10%.
• Minimum 5 years acute care transcription experience.
• A minimum passing score of 96% on the Senior Healthcare Documentation Analyst Certification Exam.
• Proficiency in advanced medical terminology.
• Must be comfortable with handling difficult dictators, whether caused by heavy accent, poor dictation habits, or difficult dictation environment. • Highly competent in research using reference books, the Internet, or previous report reference.
• Must possess advanced understanding of health record content, concentration and critical thinking, high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with transcription staff, QA coworkers, and management.
• Editing skills to include correction of demographics, document format, grammar, punctuation, and medical terminology.
• Must have strong time management, prioritization skills, and ability to meet frequent rigid deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work independently and follow written and verbal instructions and to identify potentially problematic situations and record proactive resolutions.
• CMT certification preferred.